The nature, location among the greenery of the lagoon, make this place especially attractive for people looking for rest and peace.
Kazimierz Dolny, which is a Renaissance pearl of Poland, gained the name of the farthest district of Warsaw. Thousands of individual and organized tourists invariably besiege this Vistula resort.
The health resort Nałęczów and the area full of greenery, rich in water areas, are visited by hiking and cycling tourists.
Puławy is famous for the park establishment of the Czartoryski family, where the first museum in Poland was established in the Temple of Sybil. In the park, we can find unique old trees and wonderful architecture. They once gained the name of the Polish Athens.
“On this side of the Vistula River, there is a pretty village at the foot of a mountain decorated at the top with an Italian-style palace, a beautiful structure, with magnificent vestibules, marble ornaments, and a deliciously decorated living room. […] This house is undeniably the most beautiful example of modern architecture in Poland”.
This is how the Frenchman Daleyrac describes the first residence in Puławy, built in the years 1671-1676.
Neighborhood and attractions
- The surrounding loess ravines, which delight with their original beauty.
- Horse stud in Poniatowa.
- Grodzisko in Chodlik
- ZOO in Wojciechów.
- Blacksmithing museum in Wojciechów with an arian tower.
- Baroque church dedicated to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Opole Lubelskie, Marian Sanctuary in Wąwolnica, to which crowds of believers make pilgrimages, famous for healings and miracles in 1278.
- Lublin with Byzantine-Ruthenian frescoes in the castle chapel commissioned by King Wł. Jagiełło.
- Ski lifts in Kazimierz Dolny and Rąblów winter sleigh rides with torches and a bonfire.